10:37 PM

I'm a-leavin'....

Posted by ArtistaScar

...on a jet plane. Don't know when I'll be back again....

That's right folks, I finally booked a flight to New York to start my new life in the big city.

For years, being an 'artist', my family would tell me that I should move to New York. I never thought I could be a big city girl and frankly as amazing and exciting as the city is, it scared the crap out of me. All of this changed.

My "moving to New York" idea started almost exactly a year ago on March 8, 2008. My sister and I returned to the Empire State after a 17 year absence. We stayed with distant family that we hadn't seen in over 20 years, but it never felt that way. I instantly clicked with Paul, whom I felt quite the connection with. He quickly became one of my greatest friends.

We were there for a week, returned to Florida and I felt so rejuvenated, invigorated and inspired. I came back and threw myself back into my art. I did a little painting, some crocheting and even sold a few of my pieces (even though they were to Paul, but hey a sales a sale). It wasn't even a week being home that I conjured up a plan to move to New York. I figured, "I'm 26. Graduated. Need/Want to live on my own. Need to fulfill my dream of becoming an artist". I spoke to Paul about being a roomie and things started rolling from there.

As with everything in life, there were ups and downs and holes in my plan. I had quit my job in April thinking I would be in NY by summer. WRONG. From there I started applying to jobs both here in FL and in NY. I got more responses from NY, but many would ask when I would be there and I could never give an exact date. I even took a week trip up there hoping to set up some interviews but nothing panned out. Strike 2. Summer turned to fall and fall to winter. I knew moving in winter would be CRAZY, but I still tried.

After a year of unemployment and constant application filling in FL, I needed a change of scenery. I sucked it up and called family and asked if their offer to live with them was still open. Lucky for me it was. That was about 3 weeks ago. I finally decided if I want to change my life I need to take a stand and it was now or never.

So here I am, taking a chance on life and moving to the big city of New York, by way of Huntington, Long Island. Bought my ticket, got some stylish luggage and I'm doing it.

After what turned into a goodbye dinner with Janelle, I check my horoscope and this is what i found. Gave me that final push to make and change and I did. Here's to life in the Big Apple.



Cancer
June 22 - July 22
This is a good day to add spark to your life, dear Cancer. If things seem to be on the boring side and stagnating lately, you may need to infuse a bit of excitement into the situation. Add flair and pizzazz into the mix. Take matters into your own hands and actively pursue your goals. You have a strong inner sense of where you need to go. Trust your instincts and move in that direction. There is no need to hesitate.

travel inspiring videos
I'm leaving....


Start spreadin' the news...


Gotta make a move to a town that's right for me....


And we're living in Brooklyn (where I want to end up)

1 comments:

Candy Andy said...

Congrats and you know I hope it alllll works out for you. We need to get together before you leave. I'm thinkin' Friday.

Post a Comment